Yorktown’s Theatre Arts Parents (TAP) is a parent support group for the award-winning Theatre Arts Department under the direction Carol Cadby. TAP’s mission is to enhance the theatre program with talents, time and financial contributions of parents and community members. We foster an enthusiasm and interest in the activities of the Theatre Arts Department, as well as communication and a sense of community with students, staff and parents.
The 2016-2017 school year will create its own collection of memories that students and parents alike will carry with them their entire lives. This will be an exciting and fun year for TAP, and we hope to see each and every one of you in the theatre.
What TAP Does
- Raises funds to augment the theatre budget. Funds are used for production support, equipment and “home improvements.”
- Provides mentoring and sweat equity in the production of sets, props and costumes.
- Sponsors potluck dinners and other events to gather students and parents from all classes to foster a sense of community.
- Publicizes all events and produce show programs.
- Maintains the Yorktown TAP web site.
- Manages concessions during productions.
- Provides hospitality – we feed the cast and crew on long rehearsal and show days.
- Provides financial administration – we collect lots of little checks and write big checks.
- Provides administrative support so the classroom teachers/production directors can focus on imparting their love of theatre to the kids.
How You Can Get In The Act
- Volunteer your time and talents – we need your help on tasks large and small. Please email TAP Volunteer Coordinator Laura Gehrenbeck.
- Make a donation to support the Yorktown Theatre program.
- Bake snacks to be sold at concessions or volunteer for a shift in the concessions booth.
- Reach out to businesses you patronize to advertise in the spring show program.
- Attend a TAP fundraising event. Details TBA.
- Tell people about the amazing productions at Yorktown.
- ATTEND YORKTOWN THEATRE EVENTS AND PERFORMANCES! And bring a friend.